Congratulations! Thanks to your input and feedback, the community-led Park Visioning process for DeKalb Memorial Park, facilitated by Park Pride, has been completed. The outcome is a new, community-supported vision plan, which was presented at the Parkview Civic Club on June 5th.
Couldn’t make it to the meeting? Download the presentation HERE!
This vision includes the following features:
- PATH trail through the park
- Disc golf course
- Soft surface trails
- Daylight Hardee Creek
- Improve the community garden with rainwater cistern, compost bins, and large pavilion
- Expanding playground
- Reading corner
- Seating in orchard and along creek
- Creatively resurface basketball court and add seating
- Sidewalk along Wilkinson Dr.
- Swing benches
- Add lighting to tennis courts
- Add grills and permanent restrooms
- Expand deck around building and paint mural
- Enhance southern park entrance
- I-20 sound barrier
- Lawn games
We are now trying to understand community priorities for the proposed projects. Please review the vision plan carefully and then give feedback through the survey linked below. Survey will be accepting responses through Monday, June 30.
What can you do to help?
After finalization of this vision plan, the Parkview and Kirkwood communities will begin fundraising to bring the vision to reality! Now is a great time to get involved with the Friends of Dekalb Memorial Park, Parkview Civic Club, and Kirkwood Neighbors Organization to ensure that your voice and ideas are heard!
- Get involved and stay connected with Friends of Dekalb Memorial Park.
- Follow Kirkwood Neighbors Organization and Parkview Civic Club on social media to stay up to date on community efforts.
- Continue to advocate for DeKalb Memorial Park with your friends, neighbors, and elected officials!