The Friends of N.H. Scott Park & Recreation Center are working with Park Pride through our Park Visioning process with the community to understand and current needs and desires for this beloved neighborhood park. The outcome of park visioning is a new, community-supported park master plan.
“The N.H. Scott Friends of the Park group hopes to gain a community-driven plan focused on projects that will complement the growth occurring in the surrounding neighborhood,” explained Diane Echols, the Chair of the Friends of N.H. Scott Park. “N.H. Scott resides in a location within DeKalb County that is experiencing a rebirth, and we are excited to be able to utilize Park Pride’s visioning process to help us be an integral part of that rebirth.”
Two public meetings have been held to articulate goals and general park preferences of the community, and a draft concept plan was presented to the public on August 29th. Park Pride and the Friends of N.H. Scott Park are now working toward a final vision plan to be presented at N.H. Scott Park’s Annual Halloween Festival on October 27th.
Will you give your input and ideas to make the park’s concept plan the best that it can be?
Park Pride’s vision plans are great tools that communities can use to fundraise and advocate for positive change in their parks. Our vision plans demonstrate broad community support for the proposed improvements, which is fundamental for attracting investment and initiating successful park redevelopment.
The N.H. Scott Park preliminary concept plan includes:
- Reopening the 8-lane swimming pool and adding a splash pad
- Redeveloping the sports field as a multi-use sports complex with concession and restrooms that can accommodate cricket, football, soccer, and track activities
- Restoring the youth baseball field
- Building two sand volleyball courts
- Installing new adult fitness equipment near the recreation center
- Constructing a new 1.5-mile bicycle and walking trail around the park
- Adding toddler play equipment to the existing playground
- Adding two additional large picnic shelters
- Starting a community garden
- Creating separate small and large dog parks
- And more!
We’d love to hear your feedback.
After reviewing the park plan, what do you think? Share your thoughts with us through this short survey!