- This event has passed.
Plant Eat Repeat | Parkview Community Garden
Calling all new and experienced gardeners!
Want a stronger connection to your food and where it comes from? Want a chance to network with neighbors and others in your community interested in edible gardening?
Food Well Alliance, the Atlanta Botanical Garden, and Park Pride are pairing up to launch a brand new series of summer workshops at community gardens across metro Atlanta. Whether you’re a novice or a gardening pro, come prepared to learn from experts who will provide hands-on teaching and demonstrations.
All workshops will feature light refreshments, opportunities to network, and instruction on the following topics:
- Pest and Disease Management / Crop Rotation
– Common pests and what to look for
– Homemade or organic pest control such as traps, soapy sprays, horticulture oil, common crop rotations & companion plant combinations
- Irrigation, Harvesting and Post-harvest Management
– Irrigation Methods – Water wand nozzles, watering hoses, drip irrigation, soaker hoses, sub irrigated planters, ollas/oya (clay pot irrigation), rain barrels
– Harvesting Techniques – hand harvesting
– Post-harvest Management – washing and storing produce, weighing, sorting, added value products (canning, preserves, teas, tinctures resources), cut flowers & how to read harvesting guidelines
- Tools & Equipment
– Tool rental options for larger tools
– Tool maintenance and care, storage & cleaning