With things changing daily as society learns how to best respond to the developing COVID-19 pandemic, it is easy to become overwhelmed with information about what to do and what not to do.
Do Your Part to STOP the Spread of COVID-19!
Parks play a key role in fulfilling important mental and physical needs, especially during a period of stress. However, you must to your part to stop the spread of coronavirus!
- Visiting your neighborhood park (not traveling to a larger, regional park across town),
- Visiting alone or only with members of your direct household,
- Maintain six feet of distance from other park goers at all times,
- Avoiding contact with any hard surfaces on which the coronavirus can survive for extended periods of time,
- Always bringing a mask and wear when needed.
As an alternative to your local park, we encourage you to enjoy the fresh air and sunshine available on a walk around your block, in your backyard, from your porch, or from a window.
We urge everyone to be aware of local recommendations and restrictions that will keep you, your family, and your community safe and healthy.