Congratulations! Thanks to your input and feedback, the community-led Park Visioning process, facilitated by Park Pride, has been completed. The outcome is a new, community-supported park master plan, which was presented at Price Middle School on February 12.
Park Pride and the Friends of South Atlanta Park are now working on understanding which projects should be implemented first!
Will you give input on your priorities for South Atlanta Park?
Final Vision Plan
The Vision Plan emphasizes a mix of active and passive recreation opportunities and acknowledges the history of the site as the former campus of Gammon Theological Seminary and Clark Atlanta University:
- Streetscape improvements on Gammon Avenue, including restoration of historic gateway columns that marked the entrance to Gammon Theological Seminary and speed bump
- New Main Entrance and “Quad” Market & Festival Plaza with traffic control
- New Basketball Courts, Multi-use Lawn, Solar Panel Shelter & West Parking Lot
- Expanded playground with more play equipment
- Bocce Courts
- Mulituse Trail connecting to the BeltLine & Lakewood
- Better neighborhood connections from Martin Ave, Bisbee Avenue, Project South, and Villages at Carver
- Trailside picnic tables
- Additional shelters for barbeques and a “Wedding Circle” stone platform
- New Tennis Courts off Bisbee Ave
- Green Infrastructure to decrease flooding on Bisbee Ave
- Temporary art panels on fence surrounding the ropes course
- Seating built into hillside overlooking a turf stage
- Review the vision plan carefully and then give feedback through the survey below. Survey will be accepting responses through Friday, April 27.
- You can download and print the worksheet below to help you set your priorities.
What can you do to help?
After finalization of this vision plan, Friends of South Atlanta Park and the South Atlanta community will be preparing to bring the vision to reality! Now is a great time to get involved with the Friends group to ensure that your voice and ideas are heard!
- Join the Friends of South Atlanta Park Facebook group if you’re interested in volunteering and learning more.
- Continue to talk about the park with your friends, neighbors, and elected officials!