- This event has passed.
Stormwater Roadshow Open House
The Department of Watershed Management is conducting a stormwater education and outreach program throughout the City. Seven interactive open house events will be held from May through September. Each event will target a different watershed in the hopes of gathering watershed-specific information about stormwater. The Department wants to hear directly from the residents, businesses, and organizations in each watershed about stormwater issues, including new or recurring stormwater issues and solutions for the future.
Although each meeting targets a specific watershed, stakeholders from anywhere are welcome to attend any meeting, regardless of event location or where they live.
Stormwater Roadshow Open Houses:
- South River – Tuesday, July 30, 6:30 – 8 pm at the Rosel Fann Recreation Center
- Proctor Creek, Sandy Creek, & Baker’s Ferry Creek – Thursday, August 8, 6:30 – 8 pm at the Library at Scott’s Crossing
- Intrenchment Creek, Sugar Creek, & Doolittle Creek – Tuesday, August 20, 6:30 – 8 pm at the Grant Park Recreation Center
Each event has three goals:
- Listening – Gather feedback from participants regarding new and recurring stormwater issues, the Department’s plans and projects, and the community’s priorities.
- Education – The events will offer multiple methods to learn about stormwater, explore the impacts and challenges of stormwater, and interact with DWM staff.
- Information – There will be variety of information and resources regarding stormwater in Atlanta, including plans and current and future projects.
For more information, visit the Dept. of Watershed Management’s webpage below: