- This event has passed.
Plant. Eat. Repeat. | Mason Mill Community Garden
Calling all new and experienced gardeners!
Want a stronger connection to your food and where it comes from? Want a chance to network with neighbors and others in your community interested in edible gardening?
Food Well Alliance and the Atlanta Botanical Garden are pairing up to launch a brand new series of spring workshops at community gardens across metro Atlanta. Whether you’re a novice or a gardening pro, come prepared to learn from experts who will provide hands-on teaching and demonstrations.
All workshops will feature light refreshments, opportunities to network, and instruction on the following topics:
Horticulture 101 & Crop Planning
- Creating and maintaining a planting calendar
- Overview of the basic tools you’ll need (trowel, gloves, snake tongue weeder, harvest knife, pruners, tweezers, plant labels, etc.)
- Intercropping and plants that work well together
Seeds, Starts, and Transplants
- Seeds – where to get seeds, how to plant them in beds, seed spacing
- Breaking up roots for planting
- What to look for in healthy transplants/starts
Soil, Nutrients, and Fertility
- Collecting soil samples and soil testing
- Nutrient balance
- Soil fertilizers
- Organic fertilizers