Big Park Meeting 2020 (virtual event)
We know it has been a frustrating year (to put it mildly!). We could all definitely use a boost. So, let’s come together at this year’s virtual Big Park Meeting and focus on what’s good and positive: our communities and our parks!
Part social gathering and part education, this year’s Big Park Meeting will focus on the resilience and adaptability of our parks community. During this two-hour virtual event, we’ll:
- Celebrate recent wins and local park champions,
- Translate what we’ve learned / experienced about greenspace and nature during this health crisis into effective advocacy strategies,
- Strategize around the growing issue of trash in our parks and neighborhoods,
- Examine techniques for engaging neighbors virtually (and on a budget),
- Discuss leadership development and transition planning to ensure the continued success of your FOP group,
- And, most importantly, have the time and space to connect with your park peers from across the city!
There will be a day when our collective commitment to greenspace and community will bring us together again face-to-face. That is, after all, the power of parks.
But until then, we hope you’ll join us virtually for the boost, motivation, and inspiration we all need at this year’s Big Park Meeting!
Questions? Reach out to Program Manager, Kayla Altland at email@example.com.