- This event has passed.
Atlanta BeltLine: Murphy Crossing Redevelopment Public Meetings
WHAT: Atlanta BeltLine, Inc. (ABI) will hold a series of Southwest Study Group public meetings for Murphy Crossing in November.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND: The Southwest Study Group includes residents of the Westview, West End, Adair Park, Pittsburgh, Mechanicsville, Oakland City, Bush Mountain, Capitol View, Capitol View Manor and Sylvan Hills neighborhoods along the Atlanta BeltLine.
ABOUT THE PROJECT: ABI’s goal is to develop a new Request for Proposals (RFP) for the 20-acre Murphy Crossing (located at 1050 Murphy Avenue) that reflects community input gathered through a series of public meetings and stakeholder advisory committee meetings. Located along the Westside Trail in southwest Atlanta, Murphy Crossing is an historic opportunity to provide much-needed job and small business creation, housing affordability, and greenspace along a formerly industrial corridor. It will drive economic activity in the immediate and surrounding areas and help make this area a destination and a hub for inclusive economic growth.
WHERE: These meetings will be held virtually on Zoom and broadcast to www.facebook.com/atlantabeltline. Details for joining this meeting online, as well as all past presentations and Facebook Live recordings, can be accessed at www.beltline.org/meetings. Attendees can also join by phone by dialing 929-205-6099 and entering the webinar ID listed below that particular meeting date.
WHEN: Meetings will be held from 6:30 to 8:00 p.m. on the following dates:
- Monday, November 2 –
- This meeting will discuss and receive input on RFP development in the following areas: project uses & site development, greenspace, employment development & job creation, economic development, and housing.
- Webinar ID: 830 3730 5296
- Questions should be submitted by Friday, October 30th at noon to: email@example.com.
- Tuesday, November 10 –
- This meeting will discuss and receive input on RFP development in the following areas: arts & culture, community engagement, and equitable implementation.
- Webinar ID: 810 6480 9604
- Questions should be submitted by Monday, November 9th at noon to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Monday, November 16 –
- This meeting will review and receive feedback on the draft RFP.
- Webinar ID: 894 1794 6859
- Questions should be submitted by Friday, November 13th at noon to: email@example.com.
COMMUNITY CONTACT: For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 404-477-3574.