- This event has passed.
GRANT DEADLINE: Arnold/Brownberry/Oroweat Organic Spring Planting Grant
Attention all Community Gardens! Arnold/Brownberry/Oroweat Organic Breads if working with SeedMoney on their first annual Arnold/Brownberry/Oroweat Organic Spring Planting Grant to provide resources for public food gardens. This spring, they will be offering grants of $5000 each to food garden projects located in the following metropolitan areas: San Francisco, CA; Seattle, WA; Atlanta, GA; Denver, CO; Washington, D.C.; Nashville, TN; Milwaukee, WI; Los Angeles, CA; Portland, OR; Boise, ID; Philadelphia, PA. 11 grants total will be awarded, one per city mentioned above.
To be eligible, an applicant must be:
- An organization operating one or more public foods gardens in the greater metropolitan areas of one of the following 11 cities: San Francisco, CA; Seattle, WA; Atlanta, GA; Denver, CO; Washington, D.C.; Nashville, TN; Milwaukee, WI; Los Angeles, CA; Portland, OR; Boise, ID; Philadelphia, PA
- A 501(c)(3) nonprofit or applying through a fiscal sponsor with 501(c)(3) status
- Willing to host a public event for receiving a grant check and volunteer support according to this schedule:
- April 20-24: Los Angeles and San Francisco
- April 27-May 1: Atlanta and Nashville
- May 4-8: Seattle and Portland
- May 11-15: Philadelphia and Washington D.C.
- May 18-21 : Boise and Denver
- June 5: Milwaukee
11 grants of $5000 each will be offered, one per city mentioned above. Grant funds can be used either for general operating support or for a new project or initiative. In addition to the funds offered, the grant sponsors will also provide lunch, logistical support and volunteer support for an event to take place in each of the 11 cities between Earth Day (April 22) and World Environment Day (June 5).
Applications must be submitted online by Sunday, March 1, 2020 at 11:59pm PST. As part of the application, applicant organizations will be asked to provide:
- proof of nonprofit status (for example, an IRS letter of determination)
- a financial report from the organization’s most recently completed fiscal year
- a budget for its current fiscal year
- Up to 5 digital images showing their work
To see what questions are asked in the online application, you can download a screenshot of the application here.
All applicants will be notified about the status of their funding request via email on Monday, March 16, 2020. Grant winners will receive grant agreements and checks by April 15, 2020.
For questions, contact Roger Doiron at SeedMoney by phone (207) 956-0606 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.