The core tenets of our park advocacy platform are to:
- Preserve – Conserve Atlanta’s greenspaces, the native habitats within them, and the ecological networks they comprise
- Maintain – Grow the City’s capacity to maintain its existing inventory of public parks, greenspaces and trails (including the Atlanta BeltLine)
- Build – Sustainably and equitably improve and expand Atlanta’s network of public parks, greenspaces and trails
Our Current Initiatives
- Supporting the development of a greenspace plan for parks that prioritizes connectivity through the Citywide Design Project and the Westside Future Fund’s Plan Westside
- Advocating for funding for park operations and maintenance
- Encouraged the people of the City of Atlanta to vote YES for the November TSPLOST / MARTA referenda – November 9, 2016 update: It passed!
- Ensuring greenspace issues are prominent topics in upcoming elections for Atlanta’s next mayor and City Council
- Encouraging Atlanta residents to become a voice for their own parks by joining or starting a Friends of the Park group
Voters said YES to T-SLPOST & MARTA
What do investments in transportation have to do with parks? A lot, when you think about parks as places of intersection where our communities come together. Read more about Park Pride’s stance on the TSPLOST and MARTA referenda.