Saturday, August 14
In-person at the Atlanta Community ToolBank
(410 Englewood Ave SE, Atlanta, GA 30315)
9 a.m. – 12 p.m.
No cost to attend.
Part social gathering and part education, join us at the 2021 Big Park Meeting! This year’s event will focus on:
- strengthening communication within your Friends of the Park group and with government partners,
- increasing connections to your park,
- and building community through our parks and greenspaces.
More details coming soon!
9 a.m. – Doors open + opportunity to connect with your park peers
9:30 a.m. – Welcome + Big Park Meeting Kick-Off
9:50 a.m. – Friends of the Park Design Presentations
10:20 a.m. – BREAK
10:30 a.m. – Breakout Sessions
11:15 a.m. – Closing
11:30 a.m. – 12 p.m. – Opportunity to connect with your park peers!
The Big Park Meeting will be an in-person event with appropriate COVID-19 safety precautions in place. Following the guidance of the CDC, Atlanta Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms has issued a mask mandate for indoor public spaces ( including private businesses and establishments). Therefore, masks will be required at the Big Park Meeting.
We’ll continue to monitor the situation and guidelines issued by the CDC – additions or changes to the safety protocol laid out below may be forthcoming!
- The Atlanta Community Toolbank is located in a well-ventilated warehouse space with high ceilings and the ability to open large bay doors to enhance circulation.
- Registration for this event will be limited to a maximum of 150 people, which is 50% of the Toolbank’s capacity.
- Hand sanitizer will be available at the check-in table.
Registration is limited to 150 participants, with priority given to individuals part of 2021 registered Friends of the Park groups.
Please indicate through the registration form below if your group is not registered (or if you don’t know), and a member of the Park Pride team will follow up with next steps.
There is no cost to register!
For any questions or concerns related to the Big Park Meeting, please reach out to Park Pride’s Community Building team by emailing email@example.com.