Congratulations! You’re close to completing your park improvement project. That means that it’s time to begin planning your ribbon cutting celebration.
Planning a Ribbon Cutting Celebration
Please follow the guidelines below to coordinate a ribbon cutting event in your park.
- Complete the form below 6-8 weeks in advance of your preferred ribbon cutting date.
- The earlier you begin planning, the more likely that you’ll be able to secure your preferred date.
- However, please be aware that the Department of Parks and Recreation (DPR), your local City Council Representative, or Park Pride may ask that you consider alternative dates.
- Events scheduled during the day Monday – Thursday are more likely to receive additional DPR support and have the attendance of City Council Representatives.
- Additional information or questions should be sent to the contacts below:
- DPR and Park Pride will work together to confirm a final date based on the preferences indicated in the form.
- Invite the community!
- Your Friends group is responsible for publicizing the ribbon cutting event and inviting guests or media.
- A flyer or event invitation should be created and shared to let the community know that a ribbon cutting will take place.
- DPR’s logo may be incorporated in the list of partners / funders on invitations or event signage. Please contact Yolanda Harris (firstname.lastname@example.org) for appropriate DPR logo and for invite approval.
- Park Pride’s logo should be included if your Friends group received a Park Pride grant for this project. Contact Rachel Maher (email@example.com) for appropriate Park Pride logo and invite approval.