With the Fiscal Partners program, Park Pride functions as a fiscal sponsor, which is a non-profit organization with 501(c)(3) status that receives grants and donations on behalf of a group engaged in activities related to the sponsor’s charitable purpose (in this case, the improvement of parks and greenspace).
- Park Pride serve as trustee and assumes fiduciary responsibility for all project funds
- Park Pride establishes a fund for each partner to track income and expenses
- Park Pride sends acknowledgment of tax-deductible contribution to all contributors
- Since its beginning, $4.3 million has been raised through the Fiscal Partners Program for park improvements
- Park Pride serves as trustee and assumes fiduciary responsibility for all project funds
- Groups can accept donations without having to become a 501(c)(3) nonprofit
- Low cost administrative services
- Allows groups to focus on raising funds and making park improvements!
What to Expect
What services are included in a Fiscal Partnership?
- Partner account to accept tax deductible contributions
- Disbursements from partner account as authorized by Project Liaison
- Donor acknowledgement
- Receipts for in-kind donations
- Processing and tracking of company matching gift applications
- Tax reporting
- Monthly account statements Database of project donors
Who can benefit from a Fiscal Partnership?
- Organizations that wish to avoid the time and expense of applying for a 501(c)(3)
- Organizations that have applied for (or are in the process of applying for) 501(c)(3) status
What is the cost?
- Park Pride’s standard fee for these services is 5% of contributions received
What are the eligibility requirements?
- Fiscal Partner must be a registered Friends of the Park group
- Funds must be used for: improvement and/or maintenance of a public park or greenspace; acquisition of land for public greenspace; programming designed to increase park usage
- Partner must obtain approval to use Park Pride’s name and/or logo on all grant proposals, publicity, signage, and outreach materials
- Partner must obtain Park Pride’s prior approval for all fundraising events and sales
- Partner must submit annual report
It’s quick and easy to submit an application to become a Park Pride Fiscal Partner.
- Download the Fiscal Partners Application
- Email Ellen Bruenderman
- Call Ellen Bruenderman: (404) 546-7981
Fiscal Partner Program Forms
|Fiscal Partners Payment Authorization Form||Forms||Authorization for reimbursement of incurred expenses.|
|Fiscal Partners Liaison Change||Forms||Authorization of Fiscal Liaison form.|
|Fiscal Partners Annual Update||Forms||Complete and submit Fiscal Partners annual report.|
|Fiscal Partners Account Application||Applications||Complete and submit application to become a Park Pride Fiscal Partner.|
|Online Fiscal Partner Donation Form||Forms||Make a Gift to a Friends of the Park Group! Please use this form to make a gift that is restricted for use supporting the park or greenspace you designate through that space's Friends of the Park Group for the purpose of park improvement.|