Through a partnership with the Atlanta BeltLine Partnership, and Atlanta BeltLine, Inc., this program brings the expertise behind Park Pride’s award winning Volunteer Program to groups eager to advance the progress of the BeltLine by “adopting” ¼-mile segments of the trail or areas of associated parks. Ultimately, the Atlanta BeltLine will span 22 miles and connect 45 Atlanta neighborhoods with multi-use trails and transit.
- Team-building opportunity for community groups, businesses, and local organizations
- Sense of doing good and contributing to the progress of the Atlanta BeltLine
- Raising awareness for service opportunities and greenspace initiatives[/bsc_toggle]
What to Expect
The Adopt-the-Atlanta BeltLine Program is an exciting way to engage with this trail project, and we can’t wait to work with you! Before you “adopt,” here’s what you should expect:
- To commit to a one-year, renewable segment adoption with monthly volunteer days
- A training and orientation session from Park Pride
- That different segments of the BeltLine will require different volunteer support. Some segments may only necessitate litter clean-up, while others may need to be cleared of brush or invasive plants, weeded or monitored for maintenance concerns. Other volunteer projects will be determined as the Atlanta BeltLine progresses.
- That you’ll improve the moral of your peers by working side-by-side on a project that’s transforming Atlanta!
- Excellent volunteer support from the Park Pride Volunteer Program.
Adoption Group Types
There are two categories of adoption groups with slightly different requirements:
- Local groups are the eyes and ears for the adopted segment and will generally conduct monthly (or more frequent) site visits and smaller clean-ups. Minimum requirement: 3 hours per month
- Corporate/regional groups will generally organize larger quarterly projects, visiting the segment less frequently than the local group but meeting a higher number of volunteer hours. Minimum requirement: 15 hours per quarter
The work of adopter groups is crucial to the development of the Atlanta BeltLine. Park Pride and our partners greatly value your commitment to helping make the long-term vision of the Atlanta BeltLine become a reality.