Thanksgiving is just around the corner and that has us thinking about our blessings. 2015 has been a phenomenal year for Park Pride and those communities with which we work.
As we reflect on the past 12 months, we’re thankful:
- that the Oakland City community has a wonderful new pool, playground, splashpad and pool house at Reverend James Orange Park (read more);
- that Park Pride had the opportunity to work the English Avenue community, to learn about the dreams they have for the Mattie Freeland Greenspace, and help them take steps towards achieving those dreams (read more);
- for all the Friends of the Park groups that have worked so hard to make parks better and safer places to be with their families (read more);
- for ALL the volunteers that have donated thousands of hours of their time to making our parks look their best;
- and for you, for being a Park Pride supporter, for being a park enthusiast and advocate, and for helping us make a difference in the parks and communities we serve, all over Atlanta and DeKalb.
This week as you reflect on what you’re thankful for, I hope you remember parks for their quality of life benefits and the happiness they create for you and yours.
With a gift to Park Pride, you can give back to parks and help us bring their benefits to more communities in 2016.
Thank you, and from all of us at Park Pride, we hope you have a happy Thanksgiving with your loved ones.