No! Every extra hand goes a long way to helping achieve our goals. If you are an individual interested in helping transform your community, we want to help make it happen, and we have a number of ways for individual volunteers to contribute. Learn More
Park Pride offers a lot of exciting ways for groups large and small to participate in improving our parks. Whether you’re with a community or corporate group, volunteering in a park is a great way for you and your peers to give back to the community while promoting teamwork and healthy outdoor activity. Learn More
Park Pride coordinates a wide-variety of volunteer projects. While each project and each park is different, there are a few things that you can always expect at a Park Pride volunteer day:
- All volunteer projects take place in a park.
- Most projects last three hours, usually from 9:00am until 12:00pm. The three-hour project time allows a group to accomplish significant results without becoming exhausted.
- Volunteer events take place any day during the week or weekend.
- Park Pride staff arrives early to ensure tools are organized and everything is in order.
- Everyone signs in and completes a liability waiver before beginning to work. Following a brief welcome and introduction to the project – including a demonstration on how to safely use the necessary tools – volunteers will get to work right away.
- Volunteers are encouraged to work at their own pace to maintain an enjoyable experience.
- Volunteers are asked to help collect and organize tools to leave the park in pristine condition.