Throughout the City of Atlanta and DeKalb County, folks are coming together to make significant improvements to their public parks. Park Pride welcomes and encourages groups of all sizes to get in touch with us so we can help coordinate a meaningful day of service for you. From mulching and painting, to picking up litter and clearing invasive plants, volunteers take on a wide variety of beneficial projects that improve their local parks!
What to Expect
Park Pride custom coordinates a wide-variety of projects to create meaningful opportunities for groups interested in volunteering their time and efforts. While each project and each park is different, there are a few things that you can always expect at a Park Pride volunteer day:
- All volunteer projects take place in a park.
- Most projects last three hours, usually from 9:00am until 12:00pm. The three-hour project time allows a group to accomplish significant results without becoming exhausted.
- Volunteer events take place any day during the week or weekend.
- Park Pride staff arrives early to ensure tools are organized and everything is in order.
- Everyone signs in and completes a liability waiver before beginning to work. Following a brief welcome and introduction to the project – including a demonstration on how to safely use the necessary tools – volunteers will get to work right away.
- Volunteers are encouraged to work at their own pace to maintain an enjoyable experience.
- Volunteers are asked to help collect and organize tools to leave the park in pristine condition.
We offer great volunteer opportunities for individuals and groups.
- Groups: If you are interested in setting up a volunteer project for your group, we can help get you started! Learn more about Group Volunteer Opportunities.
- Individuals: If you are an individual looking for community service hours or interested in joining a volunteer project, there are a couple of easy steps to take. Learn more about Individual Volunteer Opportunities.