- This event has passed.
Workshop: Empowering Volunteer Team Leaders
Join John Ahern, Park Pride’s Volunteer Manager, for this workshop that will focus on the practical aspects of hosting a successful volunteer day in your park. Attendees will learn:
- tips for being an effective workday team leader,
- how to properly mulch a tree,
- how to create a planting bed,
- basics of invasive plant removal,
- trail maintenance and erosion control techniques,
- and most importantly, best practices for making a park project an enjoyable experience for volunteers so they’ll return to help out again and again!
This workshop will prepare your Friends of the Park group for a full year of productive and effective volunteer projects. We hope you can join us!